The Knowledge Exchange
For the past 40 years, the Knowledge Exchange (formerly known as the Idox Information Service) has been the first port of call for information and knowledge on public and social policy and practice. Members of the Knowledge Exchange include central government departments, public agencies, councils and consultancies across the UK.
Our team of expert research and information professionals have policy theme expertise in over thirty key public policy areas. They provide our members with:
- News and current awareness services: the latest policy and research straight to your inbox
- Online database and library: 24/7 access from home or work, plus book loans
- Briefings and analysis: hot topics and timely insight
- Research support and enquiry service: save time by getting our team to answer your questions
Why join the Knowledge Exchange
Organisations that join the Knowledge Exchange are committed to using a sound evidence base for decision-making and policy formulation. They also support the professional development of their staff. Being part of our community gives them the knowledge and tools to improve both frontline services and forward planning and strategy.
Who is the Knowledge Exchange for
Members benefit from a range of services which are ideally suited for:
- Social researchers and analysts
- Policy advisors and policy officers
- Research managers and organisational librarians
- Consultants and bid managers in the private sector
- Council leaders and councillors
- Council strategy departments or departmental policy specialists
- Front-line practitioners and managers in public services
We also support universities, think-tanks, and the voluntary sector to understand and keep up-to-date in public and social policy.
Examples of the value we bring to our members and how our team's research and policy expertise supports their work.
How do you join
Membership packages can cover an entire organisation or a specific department or team. We also offer subscriptions to our current awareness services to individuals who are not affiliated with a suitable organisation.
To find out more please contact our team on 03330111608 or contact us online.
"Idox provides an excellent service, always producing useful results very quickly. At a time when staff are in scarce supply, the Idox service saves me significant staff time."
Jason Lowther, Director of Corporate Strategy, Birmingham City Council