The Idox Information Service
For the past 40 years, the Information Service has been the first port of call for information and knowledge on public and social policy and practice. Members of the Information Service include central government departments, public agencies, councils and consultancies across the UK.
Our team of expert research and information professionals have policy theme expertise in over thirty key public policy areas. They provide our members with:
- News and current awareness services: the latest policy and research straight to your inbox
- Online database and library: 24/7 access from home or work, plus book loans
- Briefings and analysis: hot topics and timely insight
- Research support and enquiry service: save time by getting our team to answer your questions
Why join the Idox Information Service
Organisations that join the Idox Information Service are committed to using a sound evidence base for decision-making and policy formulation. They also support the professional development of their staff. Being part of our community gives them the knowledge and tools to improve both frontline services and forward planning and strategy.
Who is the Idox Information Service for
Members benefit from a range of services which are ideally suited for:
- Social researchers and analysts
- Policy advisors and policy officers
- Research managers and organisational librarians
- Consultants and bid managers in the private sector
- Council leaders and councillors
- Council strategy departments or departmental policy specialists
- Front-line practitioners and managers in public services
We also support universities, think-tanks, and the voluntary sector to understand and keep up-to-date in public and social policy.
How do you join
Membership packages can cover an entire organisation or a specific department or team. We also offer subscriptions to our current awareness services to individuals who are not affiliated with a suitable organisation.
To find out more please contact our team on 0870 333 7101 or contact us online.
"Idox provides an excellent service, always producing useful results very quickly. At a time when staff are in scarce supply, the Idox service saves me significant staff time."
Jason Lowther, Director of Corporate Strategy, Birmingham City Council