The Idox Information Service
For the past 40 years, the Information Service has helped to support front-line staff, managers, councillors, policymakers and consultants in identifying the information and intelligence needed across all areas of public sector management, economic development, planning, housing, social services, regeneration, education, and environmental services. It is currently used by some 200,000 users.
Key features and benefits:
- A wealth of information – access to the most comprehensive library of its kind in the UK (approximately 60,000 books and reports, articles from more than 400 journal titles, semi-published material from think-tanks and other organisations and over 160,000 abstracts) provides policymakers and practitioners with a sound evidence base for their decision-making.
- Accurate and continually updated content – some 200 new abstracts are added to the site every week. Subscribers can stay informed with a weekly bulletin.
- Access to a central tool of hard-to-find information – 75% of the information included in the database is not freely available on the Internet.
- Advanced yet simple – entirely intuitive search tools allowing users to quickly access the intelligence they need according to keywords, data range and geographical location.
- Complete and concise – search results are shown as a concise summary with links where relevant to the full document, and can be saved as an email alert or as a reading list.
- Manage your information – personalised preferences can be set up to receive topic updates every fortnight.
- Personal development – Helps users with their continuing professional development (CPD) requirements.
- Cost saving – members report that they are able to save significant costs simply because their own journal subscriptions, book purchases and in-house collections are no longer needed.