Research Online was Scotland's national online labour market intelligence hub. It provided access to the most recent and relevant labour market research and analysis, sourced from the UK and other parts of the world. It closed on 30 September 2019.
The Knowledge Exchange delivered Research Online on behalf of Skills Development Scotland. We remain committed to supporting the use of evidence and research by policymakers and practitioners.
Supporting research and evidence use
We are offering free trials to any former user of Research Online who would like to find out more about our services.
As well as labour market, economic development and education resources, our service covers all areas of public policy. Our team of researchers provide our members with:
- News and current awareness services: the latest policy and research straight to your inbox
- Online database and library: 24/7 access from home or work, plus book loans
- Briefings and analysis: hot topics and timely insight
- Research support and enquiry service: save time by getting our team to answer your questions.
Who is the Idox Information Service for
Members benefit from a range of services which are ideally suited for:
- Social researchers and analysts
- Policy advisors and policy officers
- Research managers and organisational librarians
- Consultants and bid managers in the private sector
- Council leaders and councillors
- Council strategy departments or departmental policy specialists
- Front-line practitioners and managers in public services
We also support universities, think-tanks, and the voluntary sector to understand and keep up-to-date in public and social policy.
How do you join
Membership packages can cover an entire organisation or a specific department or team. We also offer subscriptions to our current awareness services to individuals who are not affiliated with a suitable organisation.
To find out more please contact our team on 03330111694 or contact us online.
"Idox provides an excellent service, always producing useful results very quickly. At a time when staff are in scarce supply, the Idox service saves me significant staff time."
Jason Lowther, Director of Corporate Strategy, Birmingham City Council