SPEL 2019 Conference now open for bookings
The 29th SPEL Conference takes place in Edinburgh this year and will focus broadly on two key themes - the approach to housing, land value and infrastructure delivery, and the implications of the community empowerment agenda.
There will also be consideration of the Planning Bill, as it moves into the final stages of the parliamentary processes.
Widely regarded as the foremost annual planning law event in Scotland, the SPEL Conference attracts key speakers and senior figures from a range of backgrounds and affords the opportunity to engage in high level discussion and debate.
Join us for the 2019 conference
Confirmed speakers this year include:
- Keith Winter, Fife Council
- Shona Glenn, Scottish Land Commission
- Dr Mark Robertson, Ryden
- Nicola Woodward, Lichfields
- Fraser Carlin, Renfrewshire Council
- Pauline Mills, Taylor Wimpey
- Dr Calum Macleod, Community Land Scotland
- Nick Wright, Nick Wright Planning
- Pippa Robertson, Aurora Planning
- Stefano Smith, Stefano Smith Planning and former Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Pam Ewen, Fife Council and former Convenor, RTPI Scotland
- Stephen O'Rourke QC and Graham Dunlop, Terra Firma Chambers
- Jacqueline Cook, Davidson Chalmers
We're pleased that James Findlay QC will be chairing the conference.
Idox Information Service member: £170 (£204 incl.VAT)
Non-Idox Information Service member: £180 (£216 incl. VAT)
Price includes refreshments and networking lunch
Please complete the form below or call Christine Eccleson on 03330 111484 to book your place.
The programme is available here.
Idox plc gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018. Any personal data you supply will be used by Idox for the purpose of managing and organising this event. Your name and organisation will be included in the delegate list for this event and for future SPEL conference/journal promotions. Your personal data will not be sold or released to third parties.
Become a member
Unlock 40 years of policy, research and information by becoming a member. Just fill out the form on this page and we'll get back to you with details of rates for individuals and organisations.